Just another rambling fool at WordPress.com

Watchful

Hazer is a difficult dog to live with most of the time, but last week he was very aware of my struggles and stuck to me like glue. For a dog who isn’t very affectionate, he did his best to be a gentle comfort. Knowing how that doesn’t come naturally to him made his efforts all the more appreciated.

6 responses

1. One of the nicest dog photographs I’ve ever seen. Exquisite depth-of-field. The leaves and the bokeh work so well with his mottled self.

April 15, 2012 at 12:21 PM

• Thanks for the kind words, Paul. I mostly got lucky with the light and the fog that morning. Oh, and my red dog is a good poser and will (usually) hang out and wait until I get the shot I want! I just happened to be out doing some macro photography that morning and decided to grab a couple of shots of the dogs. Being lazy, I just used the 90mm macro lens that I had on and it worked out pretty well for me. If I’d taken the time to think about it I probably wouldn’t have chosen that lens and the results wouldn’t have turned out as nicely as they did. Sometimes it pays to just point and shoot!

April 22, 2012 at 1:00 PM

2. I would expect after your most recent trip to the eye doctor Hazer may be reluctant to let you go without him. So, maybe you can bring him along on your next trip? Offer the doctor a treaty of sorts… if he doesn’t hurt you, your dog won’t hurt him?

April 16, 2012 at 2:20 AM

• Oh, now there’s a great idea! Good thinking! :)

April 22, 2012 at 1:01 PM

3. ptigris213

What a lovely picture! My Siamese cat, Wren (now deceased) was affectionate but seldom slept with me during her twelve years of life. That is, until my husband left me (in 2003) For the first week, I was so desperately upset. There are no words for the emotional pain and upheaval I went through that first week, with the nights being long and sleepless. . Wren slept with me, under the covers, for a week, every night without fail, until she judged that I’d be okay in bed on my lone.
    They KNOW. They want to ease your pain, your hurts. How in the world do we ever repay such love and loyalty?

April 27, 2012 at 10:41 PM

• Some animals just tune into our emotions more so than others. For 17 years I had a barn cat who probably read me better than any dog I’ve ever had. He was something special, that boy. Payback, I used to think, for having taken him in as a feral stray. And you’re right, they just know!

May 1, 2012 at 8:44 AM