Just another rambling fool at WordPress.com

Promise

Today was the first day in a long time that the sunrise was interesting and the light was good. Although we tend to bemoan losing an hour to daylight savings time, it means slightly darker mornings. That buys me a little more time to get up and out the door to go shoot. Not that I did that this morning, but at least I’m beginning to hope I can start thinking about it again. It was an unusually lousy winter for photography. The light was bad, the weather was dull and I didn’t get outside even once to take any pre-dawn pictures. But this morning the sky lit up with patches of red and orange and there’s a clarity in the air that holds promise of good things to come!

PS. There’s an unexpected “surprise” in the picture above. I didn’t know it was there until I processed the photo, so it’s not in perfect focus. But it’s still kind of cool! Can you find it?

13 responses

1. Yeah, flowers. Yeah, timechange!

March 12, 2012 at 7:23 AM

2. “Hummingbird, don’t fly away, fly away…” (can you tell I love these visual games?!! Okay, yup, I’m a geek!). Thanks for the lovely picture of things to come.

March 12, 2012 at 8:13 AM

3. tfilly

I see a horse ‘s face. Acutally a foal’s face. Am I right?

March 12, 2012 at 8:49 AM

• Wow! You get the bonus prize! Good eyes! Actually, I was referencing the hummingbird.

March 20, 2012 at 3:18 PM

• tfilly

LOL! I didn’t see the hummingbird until someone else posted it. :)

March 21, 2012 at 3:42 PM

4. A little hummer, sweet.

March 12, 2012 at 10:11 AM

5. tfilly

Oh I see it now. But look in the pines behind the yellow flowers.

March 12, 2012 at 10:15 AM

6. there is a little flying thing in the flowers ;) nice catch :)

March 12, 2012 at 6:33 PM

• Thanks! It was unexpected for sure!

March 20, 2012 at 3:18 PM

7. Mumsy

Oh, how cute…you captured a little humming bird. Beautiful shot and great surprise. Hugs

March 13, 2012 at 11:47 AM

• Thanks!

March 20, 2012 at 3:19 PM

8. Off topic: I’ve been a bad follower. Have you heard/decided anymore about your eyes? I’ve heard good things about the surgery. Your doctor however sounds like a piece of work. OTOH, you want a surgeon with good hands, not to be your friend. What is his local rep? My uncle had spinal nerve surgery with a fellow who he was warned was a class-A PIA. Afterwards, Uncle totally agreed with analysis of the attitude but also said the doc did a flawless job and he would rx him to anyone.

March 18, 2012 at 3:06 PM

• I’ve booked the surgery. He may be a jerk, but it’s the going opinion that he’s the best in the biz to do this sort of operation. So I’m going to let him have at it and hope for the best. If there are no complications then my need to spend any awake time with him will be greatly diminished. Let’s hope for that, shall we? Thanks for asking!

March 20, 2012 at 3:21 PM