Just another rambling fool at WordPress.com

Pensive

With Bullet’s absence, Dharla has a pensive moment.

8 responses

1. WOW! This is stunning!

February 5, 2012 at 11:59 AM

• Thanks for the kind words!

February 5, 2012 at 7:51 PM

2. What a beautiful gentle eye. So pretty. Brought a tear to my eye too though. Hugs to you both.

February 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM

• She is a sweet girl. Even though she is a bit of a pistol sometimes. Hope your gang is holding their own under the winter weather!

February 5, 2012 at 7:53 PM

3. She is a beauty – my heart aches to think she may be missing her companion .

M.L.

February 5, 2012 at 8:25 PM

• She’s a cutie. It’s hard to watch them struggle when their herd mates are gone. She did OK though. She’s content if I go hang out with her for a bit. Which is nice. Good to see you … do stop by when you’re not too busy penning your own great stuff!

February 5, 2012 at 9:17 PM

4. *shy* I would rather be here with your Horses – your sweet and loving souls – I adore them.

I see horses – ‘work’ – horses every day where I live…

I have complained about their treatment – as have others in my community (as well as tourists who visit my town.)

You celebrate their dignity, compassion and empathy in a way that I could never do with my few words.

Thank you for doing so.

M.L.

February 5, 2012 at 10:42 PM

• Pictures and words are both powerful tools. Different things speak to different people. Your writing often makes me stop and think and that’s a good thing, but not easily done. Certain kinds of photos can evoke deep thought or touch on old memories, but one method isn’t better than the other. Just different. You are sensitive, intuitive and you have a talent with words. Keep using it! BTW, you are the only person in thirteen years who knew … without my explaining …. what my name meant. I was very touched by that since it has such a special place in my heart. :)

February 7, 2012 at 10:48 AM